What To Expect At A Tulsa NightWriters Meeting:
Center for Poets and Writers at OSU-Tulsa
(room #140) of the North Hall
700 N. Greenwood
Tulsa, OK 74106
Take the I-244 to downtown Tulsa, and exit on Detroit. If you are coming from the west, the exit for the OSU campus is on the LEFT.
From Detroit Ave turn right onto JH Franklin Road. You will see the Auditorium and Conference Center on the left. You can park in Lot E (first parking lot on left), or across the street in Lot D.
From the main entrance, go past the fountain into the Conference Center. We meet in Room 140, just to the right of the main lobby. I will have signs posted.
Parking is free and open to the public. It is a very short walk.
Please disregard the site map on the right side of this screen showing the Martin Library as our meeting room. This is is being updated with our new venue on the OSU campus.
- The meeting room will be open around 6:50pm for you to sign in. We start around 7 pm. The meetings last around 60 – 90 minutes.
- Our meetings are always informative and usually entertaining. Our goal is to help aspiring writers master their craft and find publication. We welcome all genre of writing.
- The Tulsa NightWriters (TNWC) is a an affiliate of the Oklahoma Writer’s Federation, Inc. (OWFI). You can choose to join TNWC alone, or also be a member of OWFI and enjoy all the benefits of both organizations.
- Please announce yourself when you’re admitted into the zoom.
- Hear what’s happening in the club with announcements and member ‘brags’.
- Rex Griffin, President – Tulsa NightWriters Club.
- Learn about opportunities for writing workshops, readings, and other literary events happening in our community.
- Be educated, encouraged, and challenged by our quality speakers.
- Meet and network with new writing friends.
Check out our monthly newsletters available on this website. Come back next month and do it all again!
We hope you’ll join us. Questions? Feel free to ask any questions, click on the CONTACT US tab.
DISCLAIMER: This event is not affiliated in any way with the Oklahoma State University. OSU neither sponsors nor endorses this event, the speaker(s) or the organization.
2021 Meeting Schedule
August 17 Meeting
NOTICE: Here is a YouTube link that will take you to the August 17th meeting.
September 21 Meeting
HOW TO WRITE A QUERY LETTER
Your query letter can make the difference between catching an agent/editor’s
eye or getting passed over in the slush pile. Learn some top tips on how to make
this all-important letter clear, concise, and catchy from Casie Bazay, author of
the recently released young adult novel, Not Our Summer.
Casie Bazay is a former middle school teacher who now works as a freelance
writer, editor, and author. Her debut young adult novel, Not Our Summer,
released in May of 2021, made the Oklahoma Bestsellers list for two weeks in a
row. In Casie’s spare time, she enjoys exploring the great outdoors, spending
time at the barn with her horses and goats, reading, and watching movies. She
lives on a hay farm in Oklahoma with her husband and two children but loves traveling to new and exciting destinations whenever she can.
October 16 CRAFT OF WRITING CONFERENCE
Tulsa NightWriters Club
The Fifth Annual
Craft of Writing Conference
Saturday, October 16, 2021
Keynote Speaker: Michael Wallis
Triumph Worship Center
2125 W 181st Street South, Beggs, Oklahoma
(Hwy 75 and 181st Street)
Michael Wallis, Keynote Speaker
Bre Lockhart (Tentative)
October 19 Meeting
November 16 Meeting
December 21 Meeting
Flash Writing Contest Winners Announced
TNW Writer of the Year Award Announced
Hall of Fame Recipients Announced