What To Expect At A Tulsa NightWriters Meeting:
- Members begin arriving at Martin East Library Auditorium starting at 6:30 p.m. The meeting starts promptly at 7 pm.
- Stop by the table to sign-in where our cheerful hospitality officer will greet you and answer any questions you have. Let us know you are a visitor on the sign-in sheet for a complimentary digital copy of our newsletter.
- We welcome our members that are published authors to bring copies of their books to the meeting and make them available for purchase. It’s a great opportunity to share your talent with like-minded people.
- Our meetings are always informative and usually entertaining. Our goal is to help aspiring writers master their craft and find publication. We welcome all genre of writing.
- The Tulsa NightWriters is affiliated with the Oklahoma Writer’s Federation, Inc., so membership entitles you to all benefits of both organizations.
- Fill out a name tag for a chance to win a door prize.
- Find a seat or feel free to mix and mingle until the meeting starts.
- Hear what’s happening in the club with announcements and member ‘brags’.
- Joshua Danker-Dake, President – Tulsa NightWriters
- Learn about opportunities for writing workshops, readings, and other literary events happening in our community.
- Be educated, encouraged, and challenged by our quality speakers.
- Meet and network with new writing friends.
Come back next month and do it all again!
We hope you’ll come join us. Questions? Feel free to ask any questions, click on the CONTACT US tab.
Martin East Library Auditorium, 27th and Garnett, Tulsa. We start arriving around 6:30 p.m. to mix and mingle. The meeting starts promptly at 7 pm.
DISCLAIMER: This event is not affiliated in any way with the Tulsa City-County Library. The Library neither sponsors nor endorses this event, the speaker(s) or the organization.
December 11 — Christmas Party/2019 Officer Board Installations.
We do not have a meeting the third Tuesday of December. Instead, you are cordially invited to a NightWriters Christmas party at the home of Kathlyn Smith on Tuesday, December 11, 2018, from 7:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m. 3824 S. Yellow Pine Ave Broken Arrow, OK
2019 Meeting Schedule
Julie Pearson-Little Thunder is a Visiting Assistant Professor at the Oklahoma State University Edmond Law Library. Her research interests are Oral History, Native Theater, and Playwriting. Her publications include A Life Made with Artists: Doris Littrell and the Oklahoma Indian Art Scene and Acts of Transfer: The 1975 and 1976 Productions of Raven and Body Indian by Red Earth Performing Arts Company.
At our January meeting Julie will be speaking about the Native artist project, some of the plays she’s written based on oral histories, and other kinds of writing work she does as they relate to the Craft of Writing.
February 19 ……. Speaker to be determined
March 19 ……. Speaker to be determined
April 16 ……. Speaker to be determined
May 21 … OWFI writing contest winner celebration
June 18 ……. Speaker to be determined
July 16 ……. Speaker to be determined
August 20 ……. Speaker to be determined
September 17 ……. Speaker to be determined
October 15 .. 2020 Officer board nominations
November 19 … OWFI writing contest preparation panel
Election of 202o officer board
December 17 ….. Annual Christmas Party