What To Expect At A Tulsa NightWriters Meeting:
- Members begin arriving at Martin East Library Auditorium starting at 6:30 p.m. The meeting starts promptly at 7 pm.
- Stop by the table to sign-in where our cheerful hospitality officer will greet you and answer any questions you have. Let us know you are a visitor on the sign-in sheet for a complimentary digital copy of our newsletter.
- We welcome our members that are published authors to bring copies of their books to the meeting and make them available for purchase. It’s a great opportunity to share your talent with like-minded people.
- Our meetings are always informative and usually entertaining. Our goal is to help aspiring writers master their craft and find publication. We welcome all genre of writing.
- The Tulsa NightWriters is affiliated with the Oklahoma Writer’s Federation, Inc., so membership entitles you to all benefits of both organizations.
- Fill out a name tag for a chance to win a door prize.
- Find a seat or feel free to mix and mingle until the meeting starts.
- Hear what’s happening in the club with announcements and member ‘brags’.
- Joshua Danker-Dake, 2018 President – Tulsa NightWriters
- Learn about opportunities for writing workshops, readings, and other literary events happening in our community.
- Be educated, encouraged, and challenged by our quality speakers.
- Meet and network with new writing friends.
Come back next month and do it all again!
We hope you’ll come join us. Questions? Feel free to ask any questions, click on the CONTACT US tab.
Martin East Library Auditorium, 27th and Garnett, Tulsa. We start arriving around 6:30 p.m. to mix and mingle. The meeting starts promptly at 7 pm.
August 21 — Rachel Thompson
Our speaker for the August 21st meeting will be Rachel Thompson, Assistant Manager of the Tulsa City-County Library Research Center. She will be sharing information on different types of research we can do through our local library beyond just the internet. Join us for some new and interesting information and resources. Bring your questions and a friend!
September 18 — Ritter Ames
Ritter Ames is a USA TODAY bestselling author of the Organized Mysteries and Bodies of Art Mysteries series. She lives atop a high green hill in the country with her husband and Labrador retriever, and spends each day globe-trotting the world from her laptop with her selected series playlists blasting into her earbuds. Often with the dog snoring at her feet. Much like her Bodies of Art Mysteries, Ritter’s favorite vacations start in London, then spiral out in every direction. She’s been known to plan trips after researching new books and keeps a list of “can’t miss” foods to taste along the way. Visit her at http://www.ritterames.com where she blogs about all the crazy things that interest her.
Here’s some bullet points:
* how to find free ads and effective paid ads, and the range they can run (from free to BookBub), how to stack ads effectively
* how to get reviews for the week of release and after
* strategies to use preorders effectively
* use small giveaways to increase exposure to you and your books and build relationships with fans.
* how to use blogs and free & cheap website options to promote your book line(s)–but really, not a lot on blogs, just how I use it myself as kind of a bulletin board for sales and how to build a page on a blogger website (like WordPress) to add buy links to all your books.
* how and why to join Twitter tweet teams
* how giving away other authors’ books can help you
* how to increase your visibility/sales/fanbase by joining with other authors on anthologies or bundles, and how to approach other authors if you want to do this yourself.
October 16 — 2019 Officer Board Nominations
November 20 — 2019 Officer Board Elections and OWFI contest preparation panel.
December 11 — Christmas Party/2019 Officer Board Installations