What To Expect At A Tulsa NightWriters Meeting:
- Members begin arriving at Martin East Library Auditorium starting at 6:30 p.m. The meeting starts promptly at 7 pm.
- Stop by the table to sign-in where our cheerful hospitality officer will greet you and answer any questions you have.
- Our meetings are always informative and usually entertaining. Our goal is to help aspiring writers master their craft and find publication. We welcome all genre of writing.
- The Tulsa NightWriters (TNWC) is a an affiliate of the Oklahoma Writer’s Federation, Inc. (OWFI). You can choose to join TNWC alone, or also be a member of OWFI and enjoy all the benefits of both organizations.
- Fill out a name tag so we all get to know each other.
- Find a seat or feel free to mix and mingle until the meeting starts.
- Hear what’s happening in the club with announcements and member ‘brags’.
- Joshua Danker-Dake, President – Tulsa NightWriters Club.
- Learn about opportunities for writing workshops, readings, and other literary events happening in our community.
- Be educated, encouraged, and challenged by our quality speakers.
- Meet and network with new writing friends.
Check out our monthly newsletters available on this website. Come back next month and do it all again!
We hope you’ll come join us. Questions? Feel free to ask any questions, click on the CONTACT US tab.
Martin East Library Auditorium, 27th and Garnett, Tulsa. We start arriving around 6:30 p.m. to mix and mingle. The meeting starts promptly at 7 pm.
DISCLAIMER: This event is not affiliated in any way with the Tulsa City-County Library. The Library neither sponsors nor endorses this event, the speaker(s) or the organization.
2019 Meeting Schedule
November 19 … OWFI writing contest preparation panel …
Tulsa NightWriters Club (TNWC) is a local affiliate of the Oklahoma Writer’s Federation, Inc.(OWFI) in Oklahoma City. Every year, OWFI holds an annual writers conference in which they host a writing contest where members can submit entries in a couple dozen genres. With this in mind, every November we host a panel of award-winning authors who offer suggestions and guidance on how to submit winning entries to the contest and in writing contests in general.
We will also be holding our annual election for our 202o officer board. This only takes a few minutes and will not impede on the time for the panel discussion. The following members accepted nominations for our 2020 officer board. Candidates are members in good standing and have attended a minimum of 7 or the last 12 monthly meetings.
President – Rex Griffin
Vice-President – Still open for nomination. If you would like to stand for vice-president, please submit your name to any of the current board members. Vice-President is an important, but not overwhelming position. The main duty of the VP is to arrange the speaker schedule for the year. For the past few years, the VP has also been in charge of coordinating our annual Craft of Writing Conference, but has full authority to form a committee of volunteers for this endeavor.
Editor – Cindy Rose
Communications Director – Blake Collier
Hospitality Director – Carolyn Steele
Treasurer – Marion Grace
December 3 ….. Annual Christmas Party. More details pending.
2020 Meeting Schedule
May 19 … OWFI Writing Contest Winners Recognition
Craft of Writing Conference …. Date Pending
November 17 .. OWFI Writing Contest Preparation Panel
December … Christmas Party .. Date Pending