What To Expect At A Tulsa NightWriters Meeting:
- Members begin arriving at Martin East Library Auditorium starting at 6:30 p.m. The meeting starts promptly at 7 pm.
- Stop by the table to sign-in where our cheerful hospitality officer will greet you and answer any questions you have. Let us know you are a visitor on the sign-in sheet for a complimentary digital copy of our newsletter.
- We welcome our members that are published authors to bring copies of their books to the meeting and make them available for purchase. It’s a great opportunity to share your talent with like-minded people.
- Our meetings are always informative and usually entertaining. Our goal is to help aspiring writers master their craft and find publication. We welcome all genre of writing.
- The Tulsa NightWriters is affiliated with the Oklahoma Writer’s Federation, Inc., so membership entitles you to all benefits of both organizations.
- Fill out a name tag for a chance to win a door prize.
- Find a seat or feel free to mix and mingle until the meeting starts.
- Hear what’s happening in the club with announcements and member ‘brags’.
- Joshua Danker-Dake, 2017 President – Tulsa NightWriters
- Learn about opportunities for writing workshops, readings, and other literary events happening in our community.
- Be educated, encouraged, and challenged by our quality speakers.
- Meet and network with new writing friends.
Come back next month and do it all again!
We hope you’ll come join us. Questions? Feel free to ask any questions, click on the CONTACT US tab.
Martin East Library Auditorium, 27th and Garnett, Tulsa. We start arriving around 6:30 p.m. to mix and mingle. The meeting starts promptly at 7 pm.
September 19 – Molly McKay, Attorney
October 17 — Speaker to be determined
2018 Officer Nominations
October 28 – Craft of Writing Conference
See Craft of Writing Page for more information
2018 OWFI Conference and Writing Contest Preparation Panel
— 2018 Officer election
December 12 – Annual Christmas Party (2nd Tuesday)
Our Christmas party is not held at the library. Instead, one of our members, Kathlyn Smith, opens her beautiful home to us and we gather for a joyous night of fun, food, and fellowship. We also announce our Flash Writing Contest winner at the party, present award certificates, announce our NightWriter of the Year, and install our new officer board. It’s a great night and is open to all NightWriters.