What To Expect At A Tulsa NightWriters Meeting:
- Members begin arriving at Martin East Library Auditorium starting at 6:30 p.m. The meeting starts promptly at 7 pm.
- Stop by the table to sign-in where our cheerful hospitality officer will greet you and answer any questions you have.
- Our meetings are always informative and usually entertaining. Our goal is to help aspiring writers master their craft and find publication. We welcome all genre of writing.
- The Tulsa NightWriters (TNWC) is a an affiliate of the Oklahoma Writer’s Federation, Inc. (OWFI). You can choose to join TNWC alone, or also be a member of OWFI and enjoy all the benefits of both organizations.
- Fill out a name tag so we all get to know each other.
- Find a seat or feel free to mix and mingle until the meeting starts.
- Hear what’s happening in the club with announcements and member ‘brags’.
- Joshua Danker-Dake, President – Tulsa NightWriters Club.
- Learn about opportunities for writing workshops, readings, and other literary events happening in our community.
- Be educated, encouraged, and challenged by our quality speakers.
- Meet and network with new writing friends.
Check out our monthly newsletters available on this website. Come back next month and do it all again!
We hope you’ll come join us. Questions? Feel free to ask any questions, click on the CONTACT US tab.
Martin East Library Auditorium, 27th and Garnett, Tulsa. We start arriving around 6:30 p.m. to mix and mingle. The meeting starts promptly at 7 pm.
DISCLAIMER: This event is not affiliated in any way with the Tulsa City-County Library. The Library neither sponsors nor endorses this event, the speaker(s) or the organization.
2019 Meeting Schedule
February 19 Cancelled due to inclement weather….
Our March speaker will be acclaimed poet, author, songwriter, actor, and performer Phetote Mshairi, who will be speaking on Word Artistry.
Phetote (Fee toe tee) ∞ Mshairi (Em shah ee ree) is a renowned spoken-word artist; poet; author; performing artist; poetry slam champion (in several nationwide competitions); teaching artist; social and environmental activist; actor; song and jingle writer; playwright; curator; MC; mentor; philanthropist; substitute teacher; and moderator from Tulsa, Oklahoma. Phetote has been writing ever since he was a young man-child wielding a pen as a Word-smith’s apprentice. He has a B.B.A. from Langston University, with a major in Business Management. Phetote is on the Spoken-word/Poetry Committee at Living Arts of Tulsa. Phetote Mshairi appreciates the power of words and he lives poetically.
April 16 … Romney Nesbitt
Speaker will be Romney Nesbitt, former President of the Tulsa NightWriters, will speak to us as a Creativity Coach. Romney Oualline Nesbitt, Creativity Coach, reveals the secrets she uses to help writers and artists move past perceived limitations to reach their creative goals. “Coaching yourself takes honesty and willingness to spend some time thinking critically about your life. Some people find it best to ease into the process of change by reading about other people’s problems and solutions.”
May 21 … OWFI writing contest winners celebration
June 18 ……. Speaker to be determined
July 16 ……. Speaker to be determined
August 20 …….Bill Bernhardt
William Bernhardt, New York Times bestseller and Red Sneaker writing teacher, will speak to us on the subject of one of his Red Sneaker books, Powerful Premise.
September 17 ……. Speaker to be determined
October 15 .. 2020 Officer board nominations
October 26 .. Pending date for 2019 Craft of Writing Conference.
November 19 … OWFI writing contest preparation panel
Election of 202o officer board
December 17 ….. Annual Christmas Party