What To Expect At A Tulsa NightWriters Meeting:
- Members begin arriving at Martin East Library Auditorium starting at 6:30 p.m. The meeting starts promptly at 7 pm.
- Stop by the table to sign-in where our cheerful hospitality officer will greet you and answer any questions you have.
- Our meetings are always informative and usually entertaining. Our goal is to help aspiring writers master their craft and find publication. We welcome all genre of writing.
- The Tulsa NightWriters (TNWC) is a an affiliate of the Oklahoma Writer’s Federation, Inc. (OWFI). You can choose to join TNWC alone, or also be a member of OWFI and enjoy all the benefits of both organizations.
- Fill out a name tag so we all get to know each other.
- Find a seat or feel free to mix and mingle until the meeting starts.
- Hear what’s happening in the club with announcements and member ‘brags’.
- Joshua Danker-Dake, President – Tulsa NightWriters Club.
- Learn about opportunities for writing workshops, readings, and other literary events happening in our community.
- Be educated, encouraged, and challenged by our quality speakers.
- Meet and network with new writing friends.
Check out our monthly newsletters available on this website. Come back next month and do it all again!
We hope you’ll come join us. Questions? Feel free to ask any questions, click on the CONTACT US tab.
Martin East Library Auditorium, 27th and Garnett, Tulsa. We start arriving around 6:30 p.m. to mix and mingle. The meeting starts promptly at 7 pm.
DISCLAIMER: This event is not affiliated in any way with the Tulsa City-County Library. The Library neither sponsors nor endorses this event, the speaker(s) or the organization.
2019 Meeting Schedule
September 17 ……. vehoae ….. Marketing Tips
An author, historian, and speaker, vehoae has a deep interest in non-revisionist history and primary documents.
She was born and raised in Washington, D.C., and began a long career there with USDA’s Rural Development Administration. The last twenty years of that career were spent helping cities and water associations throughout southwest Arkansas build and manage water and wastewater collection & treatment systems.
After retiring, vehoae headed west, stopping first in Oklahoma. Life’s events have kept her there while continuing with research and writing. Her signature research Conscience: Breaching Social Amnesia was published by 4RV Publishing, followed by an historical novel, Palnutchae’s Pouch. Her work is now held by The University of Oklahoma in its Western History Collection.
October 15 .. 2020 Officer board nominations
October 26 .. 2019 Craft of Writing Conference. See the tab on the main menu about this event. It is an all-day conference featuring some of the best authors in Oklahoma speaking on a full agenda of topics. The schedule of events will be updated soon.
The keynote speaker will be Phetote Mshairi, songwriter and performer of music from various genres, with two music CDs of various genres in the works. He is also a featured artist on over thirty Hip-hop, Gospel, and R&B songs. Phetote Mshairi wrote the spoken-word narration for the award winning short film, “Out From Smoke and Ash” directed by Lisandro Boccacc.
November 19 … OWFI writing contest preparation panel
Election of 202o officer board
December 17 ….. Annual Christmas Party