What To Expect At A Tulsa NightWriters Meeting:
- Members begin arriving at Martin East Library Auditorium starting at 6:30 p.m. The meeting starts promptly at 7 pm.
- Stop by the table to sign-in where our cheerful hospitality officer will greet you and answer any questions you have. Let us know you are a visitor on the sign-in sheet for a complimentary digital copy of our newsletter.
- We welcome our members that are published authors to bring copies of their books to the meeting and make them available for purchase. It’s a great opportunity to share your talent with like-minded people.
- Our meetings are always informative and usually entertaining. Our goal is to help aspiring writers master their craft and find publication. We welcome all genre of writing.
- The Tulsa NightWriters is affiliated with the Oklahoma Writer’s Federation, Inc., so membership entitles you to all benefits of both organizations.
- Fill out a name tag for a chance to win a door prize.
- Find a seat or feel free to mix and mingle until the meeting starts.
- Hear what’s happening in the club with announcements and member ‘brags’.
- Joshua Danker-Dake, 2018 President – Tulsa NightWriters
- Learn about opportunities for writing workshops, readings, and other literary events happening in our community.
- Be educated, encouraged, and challenged by our quality speakers.
- Meet and network with new writing friends.
Come back next month and do it all again!
We hope you’ll come join us. Questions? Feel free to ask any questions, click on the CONTACT US tab.
Martin East Library Auditorium, 27th and Garnett, Tulsa. We start arriving around 6:30 p.m. to mix and mingle. The meeting starts promptly at 7 pm.
The following club members were elected to serve the club in officer positions for 2018. They will be installed at our annual Christmas party on December 12th. See our Officer page for bios.
President Joshua Danker-Dake
Vice President Derek Bullard
Treasurer Marion Grace
Hospitality Director Carolyn Steele
Editor Julie Kimmel-Harbaugh
Communications Director Jim Laughter
December 12 – Annual Christmas Party (2nd Tuesday)
Our Christmas party is not held at the library. Instead, one of our members, Kathlyn Smith, opens her beautiful home to us and we gather for a joyous night of fun, food, and fellowship. We also announce our Flash Writing Contest winner at the party, present award certificates, announce our NightWriter of the Year, and install our new officer board. It’s a great night and is open to all NightWriters.
Speakers and subjects to be determined
January 16 — President sets direction for 2018
February 20 Pending
March 20 Pending
April 17 Pending
May 15 Pending
June 19 Pending
July 17 Pending
August 21 Pending
September 18 Pending
October 16 — 2019 Officer Board Nominations
November 20 — 2019 Officer Board Elections
December 11 — Christmas Party/2019 Officer Board Installations