What To Expect At A Tulsa NightWriters Meeting:
- Members begin arriving at Martin East Library Auditorium starting at 6:30 p.m. The meeting starts promptly at 7 pm.
- Stop by the table to sign-in where our cheerful hospitality officer will greet you and answer any questions you have.
- Our meetings are always informative and usually entertaining. Our goal is to help aspiring writers master their craft and find publication. We welcome all genre of writing.
- The Tulsa NightWriters (TNWC) is a an affiliate of the Oklahoma Writer’s Federation, Inc. (OWFI). You can choose to join TNWC alone, or also be a member of OWFI and enjoy all the benefits of both organizations.
- Fill out a name tag so we all get to know each other.
- Find a seat or feel free to mix and mingle until the meeting starts.
- Hear what’s happening in the club with announcements and member ‘brags’.
- Rex Griffin, President – Tulsa NightWriters Club.
- Learn about opportunities for writing workshops, readings, and other literary events happening in our community.
- Be educated, encouraged, and challenged by our quality speakers.
- Meet and network with new writing friends.
Check out our monthly newsletters available on this website. Come back next month and do it all again!
We hope you’ll come join us. Questions? Feel free to ask any questions, click on the CONTACT US tab.
Martin East Library Auditorium, 27th and Garnett, Tulsa. We start arriving around 6:30 p.m. to mix and mingle. The meeting starts promptly at 7 pm.
DISCLAIMER: This event is not affiliated in any way with the Tulsa City-County Library. The Library neither sponsors nor endorses this event, the speaker(s) or the organization.
2020 Meeting Schedule
March 17 Due to the coronavirus outbreak, our March meeting is cancelled.
April 21 Due to the coronavirus outbreak, our April meeting is cancelled.
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, the OWFI writer’s conference scheduled for May 1-2 has been cancelled. However, we understand the writing contest will proceed as normal. We don’t know yet how the winners will be announced and prizes awarded. We’re sure the conference committee has a plan in place.
May 19 … Pending coronavirus outcome. But if we are able to have our May meeting, we’ll be honoring those members who won contests with their submissions. Contest winners may be reading their winning entries.
June 16 Heide Brandes
How to Write a Feature Article
Heide is a journalist with 15+ years’ experience, an award-winning writer and editor, and now has branched out into the wild and fun world of helping others meet their copywriting and editorial needs. Her work has been featured in such magazines as OKC Biz, The Oklahoma Journal Record, Forbes, GoNomad, The Wall Street Journal, Reuters, The Washington Post, Yahoo News, The Chicago Tribune, The New York Daily News, Destinations Travel Magazine, and many other publications. She specializes in business, aerospace, agriculture, travel, health and human interest stories. Check out her website at http://www.heidewrites.com/
July 21 Speaker Pending
August 18 Speaker Pending
September 15 Rebecca Marler (Byrd Nash)
no picture available
Steps to Success: Self Publishing Your book
After gaining her B.A. degree in journalism in the year of the oil bust and 21% unemployment, Byrd scrapped what some people called a living (she called it working starvation) employed as a reporter for a bunch of newspapers you never heard of in rinky-dink small towns. After moving several times, and working as a museum director, horseback riding instructor, and kid’s party planner, she decided enough was enough. Now she is a self-published author of fantasy books and short stories. See her website https://byrdnash.com
October 20 Speaker Pending
October 24 Craft of Writing Conference (Tentative date)
November 17 .. OWFI Writing Contest Preparation Panel
December 15 (tentative date) … Christmas Party .. Our annual Christmas party is for members only, plus one guest. Members in good standing will receive an invitation with full details.