What To Expect At A Tulsa NightWriters Meeting:
- Members begin arriving at Martin East Library Auditorium starting at 6:30 p.m. The meeting starts promptly at 7 pm.
- Stop by the table to sign-in where our cheerful hospitality officer will greet you and answer any questions you have.
- Our meetings are always informative and usually entertaining. Our goal is to help aspiring writers master their craft and find publication. We welcome all genre of writing.
- The Tulsa NightWriters (TNWC) is a an affiliate of the Oklahoma Writer’s Federation, Inc. (OWFI). You can choose to join TNWC alone, or also be a member of OWFI and enjoy all the benefits of both organizations.
- Fill out a name tag so we all get to know each other.
- Find a seat or feel free to mix and mingle until the meeting starts.
- Hear what’s happening in the club with announcements and member ‘brags’.
- Joshua Danker-Dake, President – Tulsa NightWriters Club.
- Learn about opportunities for writing workshops, readings, and other literary events happening in our community.
- Be educated, encouraged, and challenged by our quality speakers.
- Meet and network with new writing friends.
Check out our monthly newsletters available on this website. Come back next month and do it all again!
We hope you’ll come join us. Questions? Feel free to ask any questions, click on the CONTACT US tab.
Martin East Library Auditorium, 27th and Garnett, Tulsa. We start arriving around 6:30 p.m. to mix and mingle. The meeting starts promptly at 7 pm.
DISCLAIMER: This event is not affiliated in any way with the Tulsa City-County Library. The Library neither sponsors nor endorses this event, the speaker(s) or the organization.
2019 Meeting Schedule
July 16 ……. Our July 16 meeting will be a little different. Centered around our Genre Focus Groups, we will meet face -to-face to discuss the challenges and opportunities associated with the varying genres. The curious will have a chance to sample different aspects of writing, and we will all get to interact with our fellow Nightwriters
August 20 …….Bill Bernhardt
William Bernhardt, New York Times bestseller and Red Sneaker writing teacher, will speak to us on the subject of one of his Red Sneaker books, Powerful Premise.
September 17 ……. Speaker to be determined
October 15 .. 2020 Officer board nominations
October 26 .. Pending date for 2019 Craft of Writing Conference.
November 19 … OWFI writing contest preparation panel
Election of 202o officer board
December 17 ….. Annual Christmas Party