Tulsa NightWriters Club meets on the third Tuesday of every month (except December) at 7:00 PM. We meet at the OSU Center for Poets & Writers,700 N. Greenwood, Tulsa, OK 74106 in the North Hall of their campus. Room 140. See directions and additional details below.
What to expect from Tulsa NightWriters.
2022 Meeting Schedule
Most meetings will be held in person and on Zoom. Our February meeting is Zoom only.
Speakers will be listed as they come available, along with their subjects. Our meetings are also available on ZOOM HERE.
- Please announce yourself when you’re admitted into the zoom.
January 18 Mrs. Carolyn Steele .. Writing family genealogy for fun and profit. Watch HERE on YouTube.
February 15 Mr. Casey Cowan, co-founder and CEO of Oghma Creative Media in Bentonville, Arkansas discussing book cover design. Watch HERE on YouTube.
March 15 – will be Panel Discussion on Critiquing. Guest Panelists are Rex Griffin, Carolyn Steele, and Bill Wetterman; moderated by Merle Davenport. Watch HERE on YouTube.
April 19 will be “Read In.” Members can bring 2-5 pages of their current work-in-progress (WIP) to read to the audience. Video of this meeting will not be available as published oral readings can create copy-write issues with future publication.
May 17 will be “All About Genre.” Speaker to be confirmed.
June 21 – Professor Chris Murphy
“All About Genre.” Watch HERE on YouTube
July 19 – Topic TBD, Topic suggestions welcome.
August 16 – Topic TBD, Topic suggestions welcome.
September 20 – Topic TBD, Topic suggestions welcome.
October 18 – Topic TBD, Topic suggestions welcome.
November 15 – Topic TBD, Topic suggestions welcome.
December … No meeting. Annual Christmas Party (date TBD), with Awards for Flash Writing Contest and NightWriter of the Year. Other awards may also be announced.
Center for Poets and Writers at OSU-Tulsa
(room #140) of the North Hall
700 N. Greenwood
Tulsa, OK 74106
Take the I-244 to downtown Tulsa, and exit on Detroit. If you are coming from the west, the exit for the OSU campus is on the LEFT.
From Detroit Ave turn right onto JH Franklin Road. You will see the Auditorium and Conference Center on the left. You can park in Lot E (first parking lot on left), or across the street in Lot D.
From the main entrance, go past the fountain into the Conference Center. We meet in Room 140, just to the right of the main lobby. I will have signs posted.
Parking is free and open to the public. It is a very short walk.
- The meeting room will be open around 6:50pm for you to sign in. We start around 7 pm. The meetings last around 60 – 90 minutes.
- Our meetings are always informative and usually entertaining. Our goal is to help aspiring writers master their craft and find publication. We welcome all genre of writing.
- The Tulsa NightWriters (TNWC) is a an affiliate of the Oklahoma Writer’s Federation, Inc. (OWFI). You can choose to join TNWC alone, or also be a member of OWFI and enjoy all the benefits of both organizations.
- Hear what’s happening in the club with announcements and member ‘brags’.
- Merle Davenport, President – Tulsa NightWriters Club.
- Learn about opportunities for writing workshops, readings, and other literary events happening in our community.
- Be educated, encouraged, and challenged by our quality speakers.
- Meet and network with new writing friends.
Check out our monthly newsletters available on this website. Come back next month and do it all again!
We hope you’ll join us. Questions? Feel free to ask any questions, click on the CONTACT US tab.
DISCLAIMER: This event is not affiliated in any way with the Oklahoma State University. OSU neither sponsors nor endorses this event, the speaker(s) or the organization.
Our official mailing address is:
Tulsa NightWriters Club
PO Box 702874
Tulsa, OK 74170-2874